Con Edison Steam Operations, Electrical Technician L1-2, East River Station, Services in New York, New York
Steam Operations, Electrical Technician L1-2, East River Station, Services
Jun 23, 2022
Posting Expiration Date: Jul 22, 2022
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Organization: Steam Operations
Department: East River Station
Section: STEAM OPS East River Svcs
Location: NY-New York-East River Generating Station
Senior Specialist or Specialist, Third-Party Risk Management, Supply Chain (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/10040254-specialist)
2H Manager, Supply Chain Enablement & Third-Party Risk Management
Power Quality Engineer - OR Distribution Engineering
Multiple - Associate Engineer A (1H), Engineer (2L) or Sr Engineer (2H), STO Transmission Planning - Interconnection Services
Business Associate - Procurement (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/10032005-business-associate)
Multiple System Analyst / Sr. System Analyst, IT BSD CECONY WMS App Svcs
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
The Electrical Technician (Instruments and Controls) is responsible for performing the necessary testing, repairing, and preventative maintenance on hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic control systems and instrumentation along with ensuring safe and efficient steam plant operations. They will also handle projects involving the implementation of design changes, major maintenance activities, including fuel systems, chemical treatment systems, electrical relays, generators, steam turbines, gas turbines and auxiliary equipment systems. Strong oral and written communications skills along with the ability to read and understand process and instrument diagrams as well as mechanical and electrical drawings will be necessary.
Working knowledge of: industrial instrumentation, water treatment systems, electrical relays, generators, steam turbines, gas turbines, CEMS, PLC, DCS, high voltage switchgears, switchyard equipment operation and maintenance.
Work as a team member as well as capable of independent work.
Perform the necessary testing, repairing, and preventative maintenance on hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic control systems, and auxiliary equipment systems.
Strong oral and written communication skills along with the ability to read and understand process and instrument diagrams as well as mechanical and electrical drawings.
Ability to use electrical and electronic test equipment.
Associate's Degree AAS in Electrical Technology Or
High School Diploma/GED And 4 Years Equivalent Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering
Skills & Ability
Quickly troubleshoots and resolves problems
Possesses strong technical aptitude
Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Highly thorough and dependable
Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
Must be able to use equipment with a maximum weight rating of 375 lbs when wearing and/or carrying 25lbs of clothing and equipment.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.