Actalent R&D Mechanical Engineer in Noblesville, Indiana
Calling all mechanical design engineers! Are you looking to be apart of one of the largest sports equipment manufacturers in the nation? Do you want to have a positive impact on communities across the USA through the world of athletics?! Then this is the career for you!
• Support and maintain current products to address continuous improvement in quality, reliability, cost, and performance
• Develop and design custom derivatives of existing products based on customer specifications
• Assist in the development and design of new products within the sports equipment industry that will penetrate new and existing markets
• Assist with 3rd party partnerships, suppliers, and certifications
• Assist in Developing and testing prototypes for new product ideas and/or verification of new suppliers
• Verify and validate product specification change requests
• Develop quality designs and make want/need trade-offs based on data and solid engineering analysis
• Effective utilization of design/analytical tools and discipline to design to customer Critical-to-Quality (CTQ’s) including FEA modeling, DFA, DFM, etc.
• Verify product compliance with industry-specific regulations (NCAA, etc.)
• Maintain project development plans
• Input and follow through Engineering Change Orders (ECOs). Attend recurring ECO meeting for communication and approval of upcoming design/process release or changes.
• Perform tolerance stack and root cause analysis for design development and failures
• Build to expert level of product and application knowledge
• Actively contribute to the continual improvement of tools and relevant work practices
• Perform other functions as required
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Related
2 - 7 Years of Product Development Experience with sheet metal products
Experience with Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks
Experience with GD&T & FEA
Nice to have:
Someone that has experience in both structural engineering and mechanical engineering.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.