Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Program Manager in Norco, California
Tracking Code RSCD-21-1349-W
Job Code 21-1349
Posting Title Program Manager
Post Date 9/13/2021
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Description Program Manager (RSCD-21-1349-W):
Bowhead seeks a Program Manager to support the Range Systems Department (RS) at NSWC, Corona Division in Norco, CA. The Program Manager will be the single point of contact with the Government Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) or the Government Contracting Officer on all matters related to the activities of the contract. The Program Manager shall be responsible for ensuring that the contract tasks are accomplished on schedule, and within defined cost. The Program Manager shall collaborate with the COR to develop and maintain a detailed work plan to include specific tasks, assignments, milestones and schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with the COR to obtain and clarify contract requirements, and be responsible for the daily control and supervision of the Contractor's employees. Will have the authority to resolve problems, allocate resources, manage personnel, and monitor operation performance to ensure contract requirements are met.
• Responsible for all aspects of Contractor-provided support. Provide administrative, clerical, scheduling, and resource allocation for all aspects of the requirements.
• Provide overall contractor management, including personnel, planning, quality control, direction, coordination, and reviews necessary to ensure effective contract performance.
• Supervising and coordinating the multi-location workforce.
• Managing the workforce quality and overseeing quality delivery by holding project resources accountable to milestones and deliverables.
• Correcting potential or existing quality problems.
• Oversee and maintain the workforce’s training requirements and certifications.
• Managing the Onboarding process of new team members.
• Holding daily and weekly meetings, as needed, with technical resources and document progress, risks, and issues.
• Establishing clear expectations for the projects with internal and external stakeholders, technical personnel, project costing, and others.
• Establishing regular communication patterns with the customer to include weekly calls, email summaries, updated project plans, and quarterly project reviews.
• Preparing and distributing executive summaries and project briefs, as needed.
• Communicate status updates to executive leadership
• May be responsible for business development within current customer base and/or for new customers.
Requirements • Bachelor’s Degree in any technical or managerial discipline.
• Ten (10) years of program/project management experience involving the management of the development and/or the production of logistic products.
• Experience in providing technical management for systems support on Navy ranges
• Program Management experience managing contracts over $25M
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: https://bit.ly/3nyrhMn
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)