TEKsystems Ops Watch Incident Response Analyst in North Charleston, South Carolina
Seeking a Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst
Must be willing to go on site in Charleston, SC
Minimum of a Secret Clearance Required with ability to obtain TS/SCI
As a CND Incident Response Analyst you will identify, isolate, investigate, inform, and implement measures to detect and protect data across a wide spectrum of sources and locations. You will validate suspicious events or reports and determine if the event constitutes an incident. You will ensure incidents are properly entered into the appropriate reporting system and determine the severity of the incident.
Position Requirements and Duties
• Maintains familiarity with CJCSM 6510.01B.
• Compiles and maintains internal standard operating procedure (SOP) documentation.
• Ensures associated documentation and capabilities remain compliant with CJCSM 6510.01B and other applicable policy directives.
• Provides network intrusion detection and monitoring, correlation analysis, incident response and support for the Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) and its subscriber sites.
• Validates suspicious events or reports and determine if the event constitutes an incident and properly enter associated data into the appropriate reporting systems.
• Coordinates with JFHQ-DoDIN and supported entities regarding significant incidents to ensure proper analysis is performed and timely and accurate reporting of the incident is completed.
• Provides 24x7 support for the CSSP’s Incident Response capability during non-core business hours consistent with CSSP requirements as needed.
• Performs network and host-based digital forensics on Microsoft Windows based systems and other operating systems as necessary to enhance response to, support of, and investigation into significant network incidents.
• Possesses working knowledge of full packet capture PCAP analysis and accompanying tools (Wireshark, etc.).
• Explores patterns in network and system activity via log correlation using Splunk and supplemental tools
• Possesses understanding of IDS/IPS solutions to include signature development and implementation
• Participates in program reviews, product evaluations, and onsite certification evaluations.
-Up to 15% Travel may be required
Overtime may be required as needed to support incident response actions (Surge)
Due to the nature of the work required, operations are conducted 24/7/365 with three primary shifts. Choice of shifts will be made available with the understanding that placement is at the discretion of the CSSP Services Director and/or assigned manager.
4+ years experience in Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) environment or similar
DoD or DoN Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) Certification or compliance (DoDD 8140 or SECNAV M-5239)
Knowledge of Incident Response Procedures
Knowledge of Packet Analysis
Knowledge of IDS/IPS solutions
Familiarity with various Host-Based Tools
Experience with Log Aggregation Tools
Logical thinking and analytical ability
Verbal and written communication ability
Highly Desired Skills:
Knowledge of CJCSM 6510.01B
Experience with Digital Forensics
The ability to solve problems independently
Incident response, Security, Splunk, intrusion detection, Ids, CND, windows server, SIEM Packet Analysis, Wireshark
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must be IAT II and CND IR compliant. 90 days to obtain cert. Candidates highly preferred to be compliant upon interview. Will be required to obtain Windows OS cert - Fed VTE skill soft training with fulfill requirement (Free)
*Need to be flexible on shifts based on the nature of the work 24/365. There is a weekend rotation.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email email@example.com. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.