AdventHealth Scheduling Clerk Full Time Days Ocala in Ocala, Florida
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Checks all voice messages daily and follows up on scheduling request.
· Reviews next day schedule and promptly follows up on missing elements.
· Accurately searches for patient information during the scheduling process to avoid duplicate medical record.
· Accurately verifies patient insurance information and assigns the proper insurance plan and financial class in HIS.
· Accurately verifies/obtains patient demographic information during scheduling process.
· Verifies that physician orders have appropriate signature and diagnosis information.
· Validates procedure/test scheduled is appropriate to physician orders.
· Understands all preps for any procedure or surgeries and communicates preps to physician and/or patient at time of scheduling.
· Comprehends CPT and procedure codes provided to physician offices
· Accurately gives instructions and/or procedure preparations to patients and physician offices.
· Creates QPA for all scheduled accounts.
· Promptly uses the HPF system when completing the scheduling process to ensure account is assigned to insurance verification.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Communication skills are a must/plus, incumbent must be able to function effectively under stress.
· Familiarity with software packages and navigation techniques.
· Must be able to work under high stress volumes, multi task, detail oriented and works independently.
· Knowledge of medical terminology required.
· Previous work experience in a radiology outpatient setting required.
· One year of office experience in a medical setting is preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities
Primary function is to schedule and create QPA accounts for patient diagnostic imaging to include the use of on line ordering systems, authorizations, obtain a good rapport with physician office staff for follow up. Answering incoming calls in a professional manner from physician office and patients requesting appointments. Returning calls within 24 hours on all messages left
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.