TEKsystems IT Desktop Support Analyst in Owatonna, Minnesota
This person will provide a blend of in person desktop support for on-site employees in Owatonna and companywide remote support via phone, email, messaging and remote including triage and password reset support.
During their remote support days the user base is 2500 - but it will be mostly ticket routing and login issues. They have multiple accounts as a result of acquisitions so 90% of the issues are login related.
• Ensure the operational health of enterprise infrastructure and applications
• Collaborate with IT/Business staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
• Execute on operational management procedures to ensure that critical components of the company's infrastructure are appropriately maintained
• Configure, maintain, document, troubleshoot and upgrade hardware, firmware, peripherals, operating systems, network/voice systems, and applications as required
• Follow proper release and change management procedures
• Design and perform server security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
• Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
• Gather statistics for management reporting
• Perform periodic restores of systems as requested by end users and other team members
• Ensure data/media recoverability by executing a schedule of system backups and/or archive operations. Conduct routine audits of backup jobs for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures
• Maintains and promotes standard operating procedures
• Provide Second Level support for Help Desk Analysts, Network and Systems Engineers, Applications, and other System Administrators
• Work with systems engineers to propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to the Application development teams
• Audit new server builds in accordance with the OS standards
• Ensure virus, spyware and spam protection software is up to date and operating properly
• Administrates and troubleshoots systems and networking equipment following established procedures and standards to ensure all service levels are met
• Work with decision makers and stakeholders to identify and resolve business systems issues
• Analyze, identify, communicate, prioritize, and resolve system level problems for multiple production environments with a focus on performance and operational stability
• Ensure that all operational events (problems and known errors) are recorded, analyzed and resolved in a timely manner
• Utilize prescribed monitoring and management software to continuously monitor the production environment, identify production problems and faults, perform initial diagnosis, root cause analysis, and carry out problem resolution activities
• Demonstrate ownership and urgency for problem resolution by retaining ownership of problems, by tracking and updating the progress of the problem ticket, by ensuring results meet Service Level and by consulting with vendors and other IT staff for problem solutions
• Identify trends and potential problem sources by reviewing Incident records. Produce reports to monitor problem trends and contribute to continuous process improvement
• Complete major incident reviews and present opportunities for improvement
• Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
• Assist with project tasks involved with transitioning and integrating newly developed systems and applications into the production environments.
• Perform the promotion to production tasks as defined by Release management and in support of segregation of duties defined by best business practices and compliance programs.
• Assist the Systems Engineers with tasks related to production environment projects, (e.g., environment preparation; acceptance and performance testing; monitoring, commissioning/decommissioning equipment).
desktop, support, active, directory, remote, customer, service, windows, Active directory, Administration
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
• Exposure to ITIL Service Management
• The ability to work with project teams and other infrastructure teams to deliver quality solutions in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written, spoken, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
• Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer service orientation
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to travel to support remote offices
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.