Honeywell ST Principal Project Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Supplier Transformation is a part of Honeywell Corporate Supplier Excellence strategy and one of Honeywell Aerospace’s top priorities. Supplier Transformation focusses on dual sourcing of critical parts to reduce supply chain risks and improve Honeywell’s competitive position. The Supplier Transformation scope is heavily focused on E&PS and MS&C parts. The Supplier Transformation Team construction is a cross functional Engineering and ISC Team with dedicated fulltime resources to meet these objectives in a greatly reduced timeframe.
· Knowledge of the broad Honeywell organization with the ability to make decisions with broad organizational support to achieve the Supplier Transformation initiatives through influence and escalation as necessary. Ability to guide and influence the broader Design Authority organizations and Chief Engineers.
· Drives Engineering Part Analysis (EPA), Transition Design Reviews (TDR), Risk Assessments and Supplier Qualifications for Castings. Ensures the appropriate level of reviews are conducted while identifying & implementing opportunities for standardization, cycle time reduction and cost reduction across multiple sites.
· Works to evolve and implement the necessary operating system and process for Engineering part substantiation.
· Draw on intuition, engineering experience, and judgment to formulate pragmatic actions from diverse information
· Manage within challenging resource constraints
· Support and execute effective AOP strategies.
· Technical expert in product area and generalist across wide range of technical disciplines.
· Ensures the technical integrity of Honeywell products and compliance with regulatory requirements.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in Aerospace, Manufacturing or Product Development
· Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements
· Extensive experience working closely with Integrated Supply Chain and Honeywell suppliers on development parts, transition execution and production producibility issues.
· Project management experience.
· Ability to consistently make timely decisions and balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness, even in the face of complexity.
· Six Sigma and Greenbelt certification
· Strong management operating system that facilitates communication
· Ensures that departmental core competencies include continuous PE skill development.
· Work with functional leaders to prioritize resources and implement project objectives.
· Persuade to influence other to accept new concepts, practices, and approaches
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.