Honeywell Systems Engineer II in Phoenix, Arizona
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings intelligent and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell changes the way the world works.
For more than 130 years, we’ve solved the toughest customer challenges through a rare combination of our industrial expertise and our innovations in ground breaking software and technology, and industry-leading automation.
This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex systems within the Honeywell Propulsion Controls organization. This team, which is a part of Honeywell Aerospace’s Engines and Power Systems business, supports control systems on a variety of aircraft, including engine controls for business jets, military trainers, helicopters, and turbo prop applications, both for commercial and military applications. As a part of the Controls Analysis team, you will be integral in creating system solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. The team design control logic, models engines and systems, and works closely with the requirements and software teams across the Engines business.
• Requirements analysis
• Requirements decomposition
• Systems modeling and design
• Model based development system design
• Systems integration
• Systems validation & verification
• Customer interaction
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 2+ years of experience in systems engineering or Master’s degree in Engineering with 0 years of industry experience
• Knowledge of the systems development lifecycle
• Basic understanding of gas turbine engines and control systems
• Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink
• Individuals that quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts.
• Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
• Effective communicator
• Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done.
• Ability to adapt dictated by project changes
• Multi-tasking and has the ability to manage a variety of complicated tasks.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.