MasterCard Manager, Commercial Solutions Communications in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Commercial Solutions Communications
Manager, Product & Engineering, Communications
Mastercard is the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. The company is a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. Mastercard ensures every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. The company believes in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Communications team is focused on driving programs and activities that evolve, promote and protect Mastercard’s reputation among key internal and external audiences. The broader team has been designed to closely mirror the business, align to corporate and business-level objectives and support the company’s efforts in delivering world-class payments experiences.
The Manager of External Communications within the Global Product & Engineering organization will be focused on developing strategic communications programs and campaigns to advance Mastercard’s reputation as a trusted, purpose-driven business. The role will focus on building a strategic internal and external communications program for Mastercard’s Global Commercial Solutions and Small Business organizations. Responsibilities will encompass a full spectrum of integrated, cross-business communications activities including executive communications, content creation, events management, and social media activation. The role will also support communications activities to enhance the Product & Engineering business globally and in partnership with the regions.
The Manager of External Communications will be responsible for elevating the company’s commercial solutions and B2B position, reputation and brand perception with key external and internal stakeholders including media, customers, corporates, treasurers, employees and more. The candidate will be a project management lead - connecting the dots and developing editorial content and communications to advance the presence of the Commercial Solutions business, and advising senior business leaders including Mastercard’s Executive Vice President of Commercial Solutions and Executive Vice President of Small Business.
Work in collaboration with the Senior Vice President, Communications for P&E and the broader Global Communications team to develop progressive, integrated communications and marketing strategies to advance the company’s mission, and evolve, promote and protect Mastercard’s brand and reputation.
• Build and enhance Mastercard’s Commercial Solutions business reputation and impact through clear and impactful communications, events and social media engagement.
• Develop storytelling initiatives and messaging to showcase the business strategy, product innovations and partnerships.
• Be a strategic advisor and partner to the business teams, and coordinate resources across multiple project initiatives and teams.
• Proactively build, manage, and strengthen relationships with key financial services, payments and tech top-tier and trade media, influencers, and industry analysts to support product/service launches and raise executive profiles.
• Partner across regions to provide Mastercard commercial, B2B and enterprise business strategies and communications project management.
• Work closely with other Mastercard teams enabling B2B flows and commercial products efforts, in particular the Global Commercialization Office to align and collaborate on new vertical initiatives.
• Provide messaging and logistical support for internal communications events, such as town halls, fireside chats, and panel discussions.
• Use measurement tools to assess the impact of communications programs to refine activities
You are a motivated, curious, critical thinker, with an affinity for technology, commercial/B2B payments, and embedded finance solutions. In addition, you are comfortable with technical products and solutions and demonstrate interest to drive communications strategies closely aligned to Mastercard’s core payments business as well as beyond the card. You are a clear, strategic writer, capable of distilling complex arguments and propositions into accessible and compelling narratives. And you are a passionate project manager with deep attention to detail, motivated by metrics-led success, and a true partnership with the business.
• Strong writer, with the ability to bring complex topics to life, clearly
• Excels in a fast-paced, dynamic, and global work environment
• Strong relationship management skills and ability to work collaboratively and deliver results with global, multi-cultural and remote project teams
• Experience leading end-to-end events management, sponsorships, and industry conferences
• Skilled and proactive project manager, with the ability to multi-task and take end-to-end ownership of programs and results
• Solid understanding of balancing and prioritizing needs of multiple stakeholders
• Entrepreneurial, creative thinker, pursuing new ideas and bringing best practices
• Demonstrated track record of media relationships and placements
• Strict attention to detail and enthusiasm for collaboration
• Passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-179531