General Motors Sr. Execution Engineer - EDU Gears (Level 7) in Ramos Arizpe, Mexico
In execution, we’re directly responsible for the equipment from the time it is qualified at the OEM through startup plus 1 year. This includes equipment qualification at the OEM, shipping, install, power-on, debug, issue resolution, documentation and deliverables, and meeting launch metrics.
The selected candidate will be responsible for Process Engineering of the BET/BEV3 gear manufacturing equipment at Ramos Arizpe. This includes coordinating of installation, debug, runoff, and PPAP of equipment to manufacture gears for EDUs. Work will be performed in a plant environment where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
Additional Job Description
· Execution of the BET/BEV3 EDU gear equipment.
· Follow standardized processes as defined in PoME for program execution.
· Participate in the Launch wall meetings
· Support OEM equipment runoff at supplier floor
· Follows all safe operating practices
· Safety Contract Management of OEMs
· Responsible for regular SOT review of onsite OEMs
· Establishes equipment milestones, dates, and reviews weekly/daily with OEM and contractors
· Supports plant floor equipment installation, tracking, and countermeasures
· Completes plant floor debug and runoff
· Red tag, Yellow tag, and Green tag sign off activities
· Develop plan & conduct equipment validation and PPAP with the Launch team.
· Participate in the PPAP review meetings in area of responsibility utilizing the PPAP checklist, capturing exceptions.
· Participate in the lessons learned gathering activity and feedback the information to the central process team for BOE/BOP updates
· Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the Launch Deliverables to the final customer
· Closure of all ME open issues for Launch Deliverables
· Works closely with multi-disciplined teams to understand functional requirements, contribute to generation of innovative ideas, develop project plans and implement appropriate solutions
· Communicates information to internal customers, quickly finds common ground with peers and solves problems for the good of the business
· Actively participate in the SCRUM / Agile Process to accomplish daily tasks and meet the project deliverables.
· Coaching / Mentoring / Training of newer / less experienced team members
7+ Years gear manufacturing and or gage experience [Plant and/or Execution]
Hands-on knowledge of gear equipment and gear manufacturing processes
Experience in Statistical Process Control
Program Execution Experience [Equipment Install through SORP and launch]
Experience in Managing OEMs [Program Management / OEM Timing / Open Issues / Financial Forecasts]
Experience in troubleshooting equipment [Problem Solving / Debug]
Understanding / Application of Part Locating / Mechanics / Machine Design
Strong Analytical Practical Problem-Solving Skills [Formal Training / Practical Application] [Red X / 7 Diamond / Shanon / Fish Bone]
Experience with PFMEAs
Ability and willingness to work Non-Standard Hours and Overtime [Early Morning, Late Evenings and some Weekends and Holidays]
-Nice to have: Visa
--Advanced English level
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
We are leading the change to make our world better, safer and more equitable for all through our actions and how we behave. Learn more about:
Our Company (https://search-careers.gm.com/ourcompany)
How we hire (https://search-careers.gm.com/howwehire)
Our diverse team of employees bring their collective passion for engineering, technology and design to deliver on our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for adventure-seekers and imaginative thought leaders to help us transform mobility.
Explore our global location s
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com .In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.