Shire Corporate Accounts Field Lead - North Carolina in Remote, North Carolina
Responsible for sales in managed care, and retail programs for all Shire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. rare disease and specialty product portfolio. Prioritizes, directs and coordinates all managed care, and retail contract and medical administration within the specified area. Responsible for adding value to the company by maximizing business opportunities in all areas of responsibility.
• Design and Implement strategic account management planning to Managed Care, PBM, and Retail Trade accounts
• Assess and develop individual plans of action for each customer segment
• Managed Care Organizations – Identify opportunities and threats to current levels of reimbursement with the goal of maximizing product availability while at the same time maintaining or improving fiscal liability.
• Chains - design and implement strategy for maintaining effective distribution and identify opportunities to drive business through chains
• Account responsibility for major accounts in each of the major trade classes - Managed Care (MHC plans in Mid-Atlantic, Carolina’s, BCBS Carefirst, Sentara VA and Other Regional Blue’s plans)
Some accounts in Retail based on location of candidate
• All Shire Pharmaceuticals product portfolio.
• Collect and maintain current PBM and HMO formulary status updates to determine benefit design and reimbursement status of Shire products
• Set objectives for all target PBM and HMO plans to maximize appropriate reimbursement status
• Establish relationships with key decision makers (VP or Director of Contracting, Medical Directors, etc.)
• Advise Market Access Value Strategy Lead in the development of brand value propositions for Managed Care customers
• Direct efforts by managed care customers to conduct utilization reviews of therapeutic classes of interest to Shire.
• Develop contracting strategies and support programs, which maximize utilization while maximizing profit.
• Develop and implement contract strategies that will be designed to maximize Shire's position in terms of reimbursement.
• Advise and consult with Market Access Value Strategy Leads in the development of formulary kit content for each of the unique managed care customers, in the development of tools that communicate or support our unique brand value propositions and to develop pre-launch and launch activities with the goal of full product stocking and distribution of Shire Pharmaceutical products throughout the US marketplace
• Directs the development of contract reimbursement strategies and guidelines, contracting template and performance management to ensure objectives and utilization audits are performed on an ongoing basis.
• Responsible for attendance of all major customer meetings, conventions and trade shows. Each event with have specific objectives with respect to the Shire corporate accounts group.
• Complete training objectives for the Global Market Access as assigned
• The role will also be responsible for developing a strong understanding within the Home Office staff of how assigned organizations impact the US marketplace (specialty pharmacy, ASP, commercial insurers, GPOs, Managed Medicaid, Exchanges, ACOs, PHS, etc).
• The Corporate Account Field Lead is responsible for adding value to Shire Specialty products by assisting the Field personnel on Medical Policy and Reimbursement.
• Working with our US Patient Services Team to work within a compliant framework to provide answers at the plan level between the two teams.
• Developing an understanding as needed of the Specialty distribution network within each of the assigned plans and understanding the SPP providers for that plan.
• If needed develop relationships with Secondary Specialty Pharmacy for the Shire Specialty Product Portfolio and other new future products.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university
• Minimum of 5 years Managed Care and/or Corporate Accounts experience
• Proven relationship and ability to build with executive level decision makers at large
Managed Care or Specialty Pharmacy organizations in the Mid-Atlantic states.
• Complex contract negotiation and management
• Previous Field Sales, Sales Management, Government Affairs, Specialty and Managed
Care experience preferred. Experience in evaluating and balancing the strategic
considerations between business finance, policy, government and public affairs.
• Demonstrated excellence with business plan development, strategic planning, P & L
management, contract proposal development, negotiation, analysis and developing
• Outstanding leadership in the management of high performance
teams, preferably field based sales, therapeutic or customer marketing organizations.
• Outstanding relationship building skills, communication and entrepreneurial creative
skills necessary to lead the team to competitive leadership. Strong business experience,
preferably specialty, managed markets and experience in government health care policy
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.