Shire Executive Sales Specialist in Remote, Texas
The Senior Sales Specialist will promote approved products in the Neuroscience Franchise to prescribing HCPs in assigned territory They will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with target HCPs. They must also deliver MLR approved, education-focused messages, as well as the therapeutic area disease-state information to target HCPs
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with target HCPs.
• Deliver MLR approved, education-focused messages, as well as the assigned therapeutic area disease-state information to target HCPs.
100%: Business Planning/Execution
• Enhance HCP awareness of Shire products clinical data, safety & efficacy.
• Equip HCPs with appropriate tools to facilitate a robust conversation, enabling them to teach their patients about the assigned therapeutic area.
• Build HCP knowledge and confidence in identifying treatment gaps in all domains.
• Increase awareness of the assigned therapeutic area, and help HCP identify treatment gaps in diagnosed patients.
• Expected to achieve call activity and adherence targets; as well as financial goals for assigned territory.
Education & Minimum Requirements
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a scientific field.
• Minimum five years of pharmaceutical sales experience or equivalent are required.
• Minimum five years of specialty pharmaceutical experience or equivalent required, preferably in the assigned therapeutic area.
Must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of healthcare institutions and commercial managed care; experience selling within healthcare institutions preferred.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.