Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Automation Technician 2nd Shift - 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm in Richton Park, Illinois
Automation Technician 2nd Shift - 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm
22501 Bohlmann Pkwy, Richton Park, IL 60471, USA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative- thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $14.5 billion in 2014.
The Body and Fuel Division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Body and Fuel enhances our customers’ competitive advantage. Body and Fuel is a business group within ITW’s Automotive segment with manufacturing locations in North America. Our Body and Fuel products are made up of housings and doors, innovative Capless solutions and charge ports for major OEMs around the world.
Coordinate shipments and ensure all orders are loaded in a timely manner. Adhere to customer shipping window times and eliminate delays or detention. Ship confirm/ASN all shipments ensure last daily shipments are loaded and the ASN provided.
Summary: This position requires the knowledge of robotics automation, electrical and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation by performing the following duties.
• Work on a variety of machinery, devices, motor controls and electrical circuits as directed.
• Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
• Able to read and create schematic diagrams and troubleshoot problems with or without the aid of a diagram.
• Trouble-shoots automation equipment problems, repairs in efficient/timely manner to maximized utilization
• Diagnose problems, wire or re-wire machines, replace or repair parts, detect and replace defective control modules, test and make adjustments.
• Assists in the diagnosis of problems and determination of the extent of automation repairs necessary.
• Make, or replace parts utilizing mill or lathe to bring equipment to the desired level of functionality.
• Trains operators to increase knowledge and maximize production
• Ability to move machines with overhead crane or forklift for in house needs.
• Follow all safety rules and maintain a clean work area by regularly addressing spilt/drained fluids, trash, empty pallets, etc., utilizing absorbent pads, broom, shovel and waste receptacle.
• Assist with disassembling over-sized machines for shipping purpose if necessary.
• Performs preventative maintenance on automated equipment including 6 axis robots
• Industrial Electrical repairs as needed in facility
• Accurately record the use of spare parts, to insure proper inventory is maintained
• Starts/Restarts and repairs assembly equipment as necessary
• Other duties may be assigned.
Material Tools & Equipment Used/Repaired: Overhead Crane, mill, lathe, hand tools, multi-meter, hand and lift trucks, forklift, grinders, scales and drying equipment.
• 3+ years of related experience factory machine maintenance including the ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and vacuum related problems to factory equipment.
• 3+ years of Industrial Electrical experience including trouble shooting and repair of motor control circuits and robotics automated equipment required.
• Provide training for Automation Tech I
• Strong knowledge of electronics, hydraulics and / or electric systems for relay and solid-state machinery, understanding of PNP sensing devices such as proximity switches, laser and fiber optic sensors and PLC programming.
• 3+ years of experience with operation, troubleshooting and repair of 3 and 6 axis robots.
• Ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics.
• Able to work independent with minimum supervision
• Strong commitment to safety.
• Overhead crane use to move and position equipment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
• Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to perform duties independently or in a team environment.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work flexible schedule, including shift, overtime and weekends
• Good computer skills (MS Office)
Must be able to lift up to 65 pounds repeatedly. Must have excellent near vision for accessing functionality of equipment. Must be able to lift, push, pull, kneel, bend, stoop, reach, and crawl under equipment. Ability to stand for long periods of time is essential and frequent walking during shift. Must be able to push & pull molds w/mechanical help. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Body & Fuel is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please call 708-720-7120 to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.