Catholic Health Services Lab Technologist-Chemistry in Rockville Centre, New York
Apply (https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/chsli/#/signin?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpm.healthcaresource.com%2FCS%2Fchsli%2F%23%2FBeginApplication%3FJobId%3D85964) Save JobCH Employees
Click Here to Apply
Lab Technologist-Chemistry Facility:Mercy Hospital Location:Rockville Centre, NY Department:Lab Chemistry Category:Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule:Full Time, with Weekend and Holiday rotation Shift:Evening and Night shifts Hours:3-11pm/11pm-7am ReqNum:6045257
Laboratory TechnologistLab Chemistry Must be able to work Weekend and Holiday rotation Rockville Centre, NY
Explore a career with Mercy Hospital, a 375-bed not-for-profit hospital and member of the Catholic Health that has been serving the healthcare needs for the residents of Nassau County and its surrounding areas since 1913. Ranked among the top hospitals in New York State, Mercy offers a NYS designated Stroke Center, Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and growing Outreach Service that is supported by a state-of-the art clinical laboratory.
The Medical Laboratory Technologist performs all procedures related to the pre-analytical, analytical, and post analytical processing of patient specimen, including the maintenance and quality control of test equipment. Cross-training is encouraged in all areas of the laboratory.
• Accurately identify patient's specimens using two identifiers. Adhere to the specimen rejection policy.Specimens that do not meet acceptance criteria are promptly documented, investigated and brought to resolution as to cause of rejection.
• Perform and document all scheduled quality control and equipment maintenance including cleaning, calibrating, and monitoring humidity/temperature.
• Perform procedures accurately and according to policy completing testing within established turn-around-time for routine and STAT testing.
• Notify the Supervisor and Lead Technologist of IT issues with instrumentation and LIS.
• Call the HELP desk pertaining to computer system (i.e., Epic) problems.
• Adhere to all mandatory Infection Prevention Practices.
• B.S. Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, or the physical sciences.
• 1-2 years of Clinical Laboratory Experience.
• New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License is required.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
A Member of the Catholic Health
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply (https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/chsli/#/signin?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpm.healthcaresource.com%2FCS%2Fchsli%2F%23%2FBeginApplication%3FJobId%3D85964) CH Employees
Click Here to Apply