Westat Contract Specialist - Remote in Rockville, Maryland
Contract Specialist - Remote
MD - Rockville
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat is seeking a Contract Specialist to join our fast-paced corporate contracts team supporting Westat’s education contracts. In this role you will support the full life cycle of contract administration activities from pre-award to project closeout with a focus on compliance and minimizing organizational risk, strategic client engagement, and collaboration with technical Westat practice areas and new business development.
•Provide day-to-day support of contract activities, including but not limited to preparing forms and documents.
• Support the review and preparation of contracts, subcontracts, teaming agreements, NDAs, and modifications.
• Assist in the processes for executing contracts, subcontracts, and other pre- and post-award agreements.
• Support Vendor and Subcontractor Management.
• Engage with federal contracting specialists and clients on matters related to terms and conditions, federal rules and regulations, and other compliance requests.
• Support Westat’s research staff, providing guidance on contractual and compliance issues.
• Maintain and update contract files and ensure contractual documents meet regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
• Participate and assist in group process improvement efforts.
• Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
• 2-4 years of progressive experience working with federal contracts.
• Experience using collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams.
• Experience with U.S. Department of Education contracts.
• Exposure to GSA Schedules, federal BPAs, and other contracting vehicles (GWAC and IDIQ).
• Experience with Deltek products including Costpoint, Contracts and Purchasing Modules.
• Experience recommending, reviewing, and negotiating multiple agreement types.
• Familiarity with reviewing solicitation terms and conditions and proposal and award budgets, basic cost/price analysis, and representation and certification documentation.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Working experience with MS Office and Adobe Suite.
• Organizational skills, as well as effective communication skills.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Travel Accident Insurance
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Supplemental Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.
The anticipated salary range for this role is $65K - $80K and is commensurate with experience.