Siemens Systems Improvement Project Manager- 1st Shift, Roebuck, SC in Roebuck, South Carolina
Job Family: Manufacturing
Req ID: 362466
Siemens Roebuck employees make a difference in the lives of others every day. Our organizational aim is to focus on people first, then business as we believe that this positions us well to deliver on our promise of an Excellent customer experience. Our approach requires dedication, innovation, & we need more like-minded people on our team. As such, we are seeking a Systems Improvement Project Manager who thrives in an environment of collaboration with others to design better systems & processes.
The Systems Improvement Project Manager will:
• Diagnose root causes of business systems/process challenges and develop improvement solutions
• Collaborate with key local, or apparatus personnel to solve delivery-related issues & engineer processes to increase efficiency, reduce error rates, reduce operating costs, & improve processing productivity
• Document via flowcharting existing processes, identify fail points
• Manage multiple systems projects, while leading the digitalization effort within the plant. This would include being the point person for efforts to introduce new equipment or software deployment within existing plant processes.
• Serve as project coordinator on enterprise-wide development projects, including development of the project plan, monitoring, and reporting on project progress, and advising managers or project leads and key stakeholders of potential project delays or resources planning issues to complete the project according to schedule
• Assist in the preparation of time and cost estimates for executing and completing projects
• Direct and coordinate the work of others to develop, test, install, and modify programs for modules or projects
• Coordinate and collaborate with functional users and IT staff to find solutions to problems identified in testing, resolve issues during systems upgrades/configuration changes and that proper testing of all systems functionality is documented and completed
• Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify, in detail, business processes supported by enterprise systems in meeting Customer requirements
• Optimize outbound operations with the end goal of being able to implement the final phase of WM module deployment
• Develop KPIs / Dashboards to create progress visibility, and to moreover monitor progress on key issues effecting operations.
• Prepare System Requirements Documents, functional specification, technical specifications, technical reports, simulations, and instructional manuals to document systems development and proposed configurations
• Coordinate and develop effective reporting tools needed to support the business unit information and Customer requirements
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in implementation of SAP modules in at least 2 projects (FULL CYCLE, from initiation to closure)
• Above average knowledge of integration of applications with SAP modules
• 5+ years’ experience in development of IT solutions configuring SAP to support Business & Manufacturing process requirements
• Highly motivated, self-directed, and able to effectively lead efforts including delivery of larger complex projects
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, or related field plus 9 years of relevant experience
• Experience in the SAP modules and related applications within a manufacturing environment
• Experience in project management and team leadership
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here (https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html) .