TEKsystems NOC Administrator in San Diego, California
Only accepting direct candidates, no third party vendors
We are looking Network Operations Admin with excellent proactive troubleshooting skills, to join a growing Operation and Support team in the Production Services organization. The mission of this group is to provide 24x7x365 operational and administrative support of the client's Network Platform and to manage all inbound and outbound support requests related to the network and office infrastructure while working with internal and external teams to drive and coordinate issues to resolution within defined SLAs.
• Provide support for the client's Network Platform with potential shift based work, providing 24x7x365 coverage
• Monitor systems, applications including high and low level network wide performance monitoring
• Investigate, troubleshoot, and triage production and non-production software/application/service/network issues including DNS, SMTP and NIS
• Create and maintain support and run book documentation
• Interface with client groups and external parties to provide them business support
• Fulfill business support service requests by troubleshooting, understanding configuration changes and reviewing logs
• Utility and tools development to improve support processes
• Act of single point of information exchange between groups
• Two years of relevant experience
• Customer service mentality - calm, customer-oriented communication
• Use and understanding of UNIX scripts to perform start/stop and new deployments of server sets and database configurations
• Intermediate Cisco networking skills required for deploying documented changes to equipment. This includes changes to port status, vlan membership, speed duplex settings and port counters
• Programming understanding in either Java, C or C++ desirable
• Experience troubleshooting complex systems and applications on Unix/Linux platforms
• Experience using source control, bug tracking, and ticketing systems in a multi team and multi division environment
• Strong troubleshooting and QA skills desired
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Good understanding of software development processes.
• Familiarity with Apache, Tomcat, Splunk, and other open source technologies.
• Client-side database programming experience with SQL, Perl, OCI would be a plus.
• A high school diploma or GED
Preferred Experience / Education:
• Three to five years or relevant experience
• A degree from a four-year college (i.e., BA. BS)
Server administrator, windows, Linux, network infrastructure, network monitoring, customer service, ticketing system, noc, it support
Top Skills Details:
Server administrator, windows, Linux, network infrastructure, network monitoring
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-Experience in a NOC or SOC is desired
-Networking experience is desired
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.