Robert Half International In House Counsel in San Francisco, California
A dynamic venture capital platform is seeking an Interim Compliance Counsel for immediate hire! Candidates with backgrounds in private funds and fintech compliance should apply immediately for consideration for this competitive opportunity!
• Design and execute a scalable regulatory framework to ensure the company meets legal and regulatory compliance obligations. This includes managing regulatory reporting requirements, overseeing AML/KYC/KYB programs; overseeing investor accreditation and suitability standards; maintaining a calendar of compliance obligations; managing cross-functional compliance issue management and remediation projects; and conducting cross-functional compliance training.
• Draft and implement policies and procedures, and work cross-functionally to build scalable processes, systems, monitoring and testing programs, and internal controls to ensure the effective application of the company's compliance program.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for all regulatory compliance matters and build relationships with regulators and financial partners.
• Proactively monitor product launches, changes in business models, and regulatory developments to ensure that applicable regulatory programs are met.
• Produce internal regulatory compliance performance reports.
• Manage external audits and regulatory examinations and remediate any issues identified from report findings.
• Create, deploy, and complete compliance training materials.
• Maintain and scale the company's privacy compliance and security risk management programs including data mapping, security governance, risk monitoring and testing programs, and incident response plans.
• A pragmatic, business-minded approach to compliance operations.
• Minimum of 10 years combined relevant experience in a top law firm, government agency, and/or in-house regulatory compliance role in the financial services industry.
• Prior extensive experience building compliance programs and interfacing with financial regulators.
• Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with internal stakeholders.
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, innovative, rapidly changing environment..
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.