Kelly Services Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician in Schenectady, New York
Ready to get back to work, safely? Now’s the time to join the Kelly® Professional & Industrial team as an Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician in Schenectady, NY.
The Non-Destructive Testing Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing assigned tasks related to diagnosis, repair, and certification of NDT equipment under the guidance and supervision of qualified NDT Technicians. Tech will work closely with Operations Leader, providing schedules on critical repairs, and daily updates on critical equipment.
This is more of an APPRENTICE type position who will work with the NDT Maintenance Tech supervisor onsite
Location- Schenectady, NY
• Develop expertise and systematic approaches to problem solving in order to effectively identify and solve equipment problems
• Develop the skills required to assist field personnel with troubleshooting and equipment diagnostics
• Responsible for maintaining accurate maintenance and calibration records
• Responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels, including spare parts
• Maintain the condition and appearance of all kits
• Prepare all kits for shipment per assignment
• Strict adherence to all Safety and Quality policies
• Associate degree in a technical field from an accredited university or college or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Electrical/mechanical aptitude in troubleshooting and repair
• Strong Customer Service acumen required
• Be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
• Strong MS Office proficiency
• Knowledge of electronics, including troubleshooting to the component level of Analog and Digital systems preferred
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Associates degree in electronics or technical field or equivalent military or other training preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills & experience working in Service Environment
• Experience in the maintenance of non-destructive testing (NDT) equipment or the use of NDT equipment
• Basic computer knowledge i.e. hardware architecture, repairs and software upgrades
• Field Service experience with NDT
• Ability to perform minor redesigns to prevent equipment failures
• Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals, mechanical / electrical schematics, and other specifications to determine repair method for failed components
• Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic principles
• Proficiency in electro-mechanical systems, servos, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, and industrial controls
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Experience with PLC, CNC, and other electronic controls
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
• Self-motivated and results driven
As the Electro – Mechanical Maintenance Technician, you will:
• Perform predictive, preventative, corrective and routine maintenance on production equipment
• Repair, maintain and troubleshoot CNC machines
• Repair, assemble and install electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic systems
• Calibrate process control equipment and instrumentation
• Rebuild, install, and make field repairs on centrifugal and diaphragm pumps
• Maintain motor starters, variable frequency drives, and servo controls
• Install piping, conduit and raceway systems
• Perform facilities and building maintenance
• Document work activities using CMMS
• Ability and willingness to work overtime and weekends, as required
• Ability and willingness to qualify for / utilize specialized personal protective equipment as required for the position, including arc flash and fall protection
• Ability and willingness to obey all safety rules, including wearing personal protective equipment (i.e., steel-toe shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection in designated areas)
• Legal Authorization is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, nor or in the future, for this job opening
What happens next:
Once you apply, you’ll proceed to next steps if your skills and experience look like a good fit. But don’t worry—even if this position doesn’t work out, you’re still in our network. That means all of our recruiters will have access to your profile, expanding your opportunities even more. Helping you discover what’s next in your career is what we’re all about, so let’s get to work. Apply today!
Please note - these positions are being recruited for by a virtual Kelly recruiter, not your local branch office. You can apply directly to this posting (PLEASE INCLUDE AN UPDATED RESUME) or by emailing your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the job and its location in your email.
Or call/text Jana @ 678-528-0777
#LSIM2021 #TJP2021 #TJP2021_PNI
Why Kelly ® ?
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.