Aston Carter Project Manager (Logistics) in Shakopee, Minnesota
• Client relationship and account management
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables
• Estimating and Bidding
• Develop full scale project plans and schedules
• Assemble and coordinate project staff
• Manage project budget
• Manage project resource allocation – internal/external
• Track project reporting and deliverables using appropriate tools
• Provide direction and support to project team
• Constantly monitor and report on progress of the projects to leadership
• Implement and manage project changes and intervene to achieve project outputs
• Approve vendor invoices related to a project
• Investigate project variances and hold lessons learned meetings with stakeholders
• Report on project profitability to management
• Create and approve all project-related billings to customers
• Travel may be required to certain jobsites
• All other duties as assigned
Our client is an industry leader providing nationwide end-to-end services: installation of marketing displays and fixtures to full construction remodels, as well as transportation, warehousing, and inventory management. We work with major retailers, fixture manufacturers, brand marketers, and retail design companies to provide a more effective and efficient turnkey installation solution.
Our rollouts department manages fast-paced large-scale projects with install scopes ranging from small end cap fixtures to large standalone display fixtures to mobile device and TV installs. Projects run from weeks to months with site quantities from one-off individual sites to thousands of stores nationwide.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for each project A-Z and be empowered to make decisions and lead your team. From bidding and project planning to executing and closeout, you will be the main point of contact working directly with each client. Project Managers report directly to our Director of Rollouts and have daily interactions with our leadership team. You will be coordinating subcontractors, installers, vendors, materials and equipment; ensuring that the scope of work is being followed and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, high growth business environment
• Are positive, enthusiastic, and crave being a part of a winning team
• Are a great communicator that can delegate and collaborate
• Are passionate about a "customer first" culture
• Are an original thinker who can anticipate bottlenecks and provide real solutions
• Are capable of managing large amounts of data in finite detail with an ability to summarize key takeaways
• Have a passion for continuous improvement
• Truly care and take pride in your work
• Minimum 4 year degree preferred
• 3+ years’ experience working as a Project Manager
• 1+ years’ experience working as a PM in retail installation or fixture installation highly preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated, able to apply best practices and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
• Problem solving and prioritization abilities to focus on core deliverables to keep projects on track
• Strong Project Management Skills, with certified PM accreditation being preferred
• Exceptional organization and time management skills
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft product families, including Excel
• Experience in Tracking Project Financials – estimating, budgeting, tracking, cost containment, project P&L reporting
• Proven ability to not only lead projects, but mentor employees and foster an efficient and productive environment
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com (%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.