Kelly Services Protein Purification Scientist in Spring House, Pennsylvania
"BPO Scientist, Protein Sciences
The Structural & Protein Sciences department is a global and integrated team that utilizes state-of-the-art capabilities to enable small molecule discovery for Janssen R&D by providing high quality proteins to enable assay development, HTS, pharmacological profiling and structural biology (X-ray crystallography, Cryo-EM and NMR). We seek individuals with strong communication skills to connect with the team to deliver on goals and objectives, foster an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication.
The BPO Scientist, Protein Sciences will:
• Participate in the design and implementation of protein purification strategies to generate high quality proteins for assays and structure determination
• Perform routine QC such as MS, DLS or analytical SEC on samples produced internally or externally
• Shipping, receiving, cataloging proteins from CRO’s and maintaining datasheets for samples received in a database
• Additional responsibilities include data entries in database(s) and maintaining lab notebooks
• Majority of time will be hands-on work in the laboratory
• Opportunity to work on cutting-edge science in a structure-based drug design setting
• Analyze, interpret, summarize, and report experimental data
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent major.
• Experience in industry or relevant laboratory environment is preferred.
• Expertise in the purification of high-quality proteins using standard techniques and equipment (ex. Westerns, SDS-PAGE, affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion chromatography via AKTA) is required
• Expertise in protein characterization using techniques such as analytical gel filtration, mass spectrometry, NanoDSF, and dynamic light scattering is preferred
• Skills in recombinant expression of proteins in various heterologous systems (ie. E. coli bacteria, insect cells, mammalian cell lines, and/or cell-free systems) is a plus
Why Kelly ® ?
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG ® ) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/kellyservices) , LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/kellyservices) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/kellyservices) .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)