Northwell Health EMT in Staten Island, New York
Req Number 23318
Transports patients via ambulance. Executes the safe operation of the vehicle and the safe delivery of patients to their destinations. Provides Basic Life Support as required.
- Logs onto computer aided dispatch system w/FDNY within five minutes of beginning of shift.Documents any delays with RCC (Div 5) and on the vehicle checklist.
- Checks vehicle at beginning of tour. Immediately reports any deficiencies to management.
- Communicates on radio transmissions to and from dispatcher.Follows local guidelines for radio protocol.
- Continuously monitors mobile data terminal and promptly communicates changes in signal status.Follows local guidelines for signal compliance.
- Follows local and state protocols for patient care.
- Maintains professional relationships with employees and supervisory personnel of local emergency agencies.
- Reports professionally and clearly to hospital staff when transferring care of patients.Provides accurate, concise information and answers any and all questions regarding patient condition to the best of ability.
- Completes ambulance call report (ePCR)( paper or electronic version) in a prompt, professional, and legible manner and turns in patient record copy to designated hospital staff in a timely fashion.
- Completes all other applicable forms, including but not limited to tour recaps, ePCR for all jobs assigned, etc in a legible manner by end of shift.
- Checks read and sign book at beginning of each shift.Reviews and signs each new communication.
- Maintains and cleans vehicle and equipment when necessary or at the direction of SIUH Management.
- Stores and maintains the required Personal Protective Equipment (turnout gear) and Helmet provided by the Hospital and immediately reports any damaged or missing component to EMS Management
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Requires frequent lifting, carrying, balancing of up to 125 lbs (250 lbs with assistance) up or down stairs, ramps, inclines, and in and out of ambulance
Requires frequent sitting, standing, occasional stooping, bending, twisting and turning
Requires good manual dexterity and visual acuity to perform essential job functions
High School degree or equivalent, required.
Current NYS EMT certification, requiredValid NYS Driver's License, required.
Current BCLS certification, required.
Valid New York State drivers license, required (current and without violations).