Northwell Health Paramedic in Staten Island, New York
Req Number 24621
Conducts medical evaluations and provides care to adult and pediatric patients before and during transport by ambulance. Performs all phases of transport services including maintenance of equipment and additional related duties.
- Communicates on radio transmissions to and from dispatcher.Follows local guidelines for radio protocol.
- Monitors mobile data terminal and promptly communicates changes in signal status
- Follows local guidelines for signal compliance.
- Follows local guidelines for all other aspects of ambulance operations regarding patient care, including but not limited to patient destination.
- Follows local and state protocols for patient care.Demonstrates age specific competency.Follows hospital guidelines for operation of emergency vehicles.
- Ensures that vehicles SIUH GPS system (currently through Nextel cell phones) is operational.Resets system at direction of EMT-Dispatcher when notified that GPS system is not functioning.Immediately reports any problem with GPS to EMS Supervisor or Director.
- Collaborates with his/her partner(s) and other providers on scene in providing care and transportation of patients.
- Maintains professional relationships with employees and supervisory personnel of local emergency agencies.
- Reports professionally and clearly to hospital staff when transferring care of patients.Provides accurate, concise information and answers any and all questions regarding patient condition to the best of ability.
- Completes ambulance call report (ePCR) in a prompt, professional, and legible manner and turns in patient record copy to designated hospital staff in a timely fashion.
- Completes all other applicable forms, including but not limited to tour recaps, ePCR for all jobs assigned, unit logbook, etc in a legible manner by end of shift.
- Completes all appropriate Controlled Substance log entries, with legible signatures, at the beginning and end of each shift.Documents all usage, and wastes, as per the current DOH approved Staten Island University Hospital Controlled Substance Plan.
- Checks read and sign book at beginning of each shift.Reviews and signs each new communication.
- Maintains and cleans vehicle and equipment when necessary or at the direction of SIUH Management.
- Properly stores and maintains the required Personal Protective Equipment (turnout gear) and Helmet provided by the Hospital and immediately reports any damaged or missing component to EMS Management.
Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School diploma or GED, required.
Completion of New York State Department of Health approved EMT-P course, required.
Valid NYC Drivers License, required
Minimum six (6) months ambulance experience at a BLS level, in a 911 setting, with at least one eight (8) hour shift per week. May be as a volunteer or observer in an approved program. One (1) year ALS ambulance experience preferred. OR
Minimum (three) 3 years full time experience working for a private ambulance service in an ALS capacity, required.