Aerotek Assembler in Suffolk, Virginia
Responsible for assembling component parts or pieces adhering to a specified set of blueprints or schematics. Requires mathematical and technical skills to interpret plans. The Assembler is responsible for verifying correct quantities of components parts and quality checking completed items. May also be responsible for managing parts inventory and basic reporting. The ability to use hand tools and mechanical equipment is required in this role, as is a dedication to safety procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Obtain components needed to build machine, assembly, or sub assembly as required.
• Assemble components, either individually or as part of a team, into the required configuration.
• Keep written record of work performed and time required.
• Inform supervisors of any part or equipment defects to ensure prompt response to the problem
• Familiarize yourself with the tools, instrumentation and calibration equipment
• Communicate with other stations on the assembly line to ensure maximum speed and accuracy
• Maintain assigned tools, equipment, and working areas in clean, neat, and orderly condition; use prescribed safety equipment and follow safety rules
production, blueprints, drawings, Assembly, Blueprint, Mechanical, Mechanical assembly, Hand tool
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
• 2+ years’ experience in general assembly work or specialized training
• Basic math and communication skills required
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.