Lockheed Martin RF Engineer Staff in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Come join the Lockheed Martin Space RF & Radar Payload Center of Excellence and shape the future! You can work on meaningful and challenging programs in support of Space Vehicles, Hypersonics, Missile Defense and more.
The coolest jobs on this planet…or any other… are with Lockheed Martin (LM) Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus, and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies?
LM Space is seeking an experienced Radio Frequency (RF) Communications Engineer who will serve as Certified Principal Engineer and contribute towards the development and delivery of the Cryptographic, Telemetry, Tracking and Commanding (TT&C) solutions for Space and Missile platforms. RF and TT&C subsystems serve missions ranging from human space flight, commercial broadband services, national intelligence, protected communications (Cryptographic solutions), navigation and more.
The RF/TT&C Comm Engineer emphasizes ‘systems thinking’ throughout the product lifecycle. To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin nurtures an inclusive work environment that inspires diverse perspectives and big-picture thinking.
The RF/TT&C Comm Engineer role is to primarily support the Cryptographic effort within Military Space and occasionally RF or TT&C surge support within RF Center of Excellence. Responsibilities would include:
• Serving as Certified Principal Engineer or Responsible Engineer for Cryptographic solutions, delivery, and certification
• Leading all technical aspects of the internal team and interacting technically with suppliers to design, build, test and deliver various Cryptographic Devices, as well as, RF/TT&C communication and microwave products such as Transmitters and Receivers
• Leading integration and testing of the satellite communications subsystem with various analog and digital modulation schemes and high data rates at L/S-Bands and other military frequency bands
• Collaborating with System Security Domain Experts to effectively incorporate Cryptographic devices into the Comm Subsystem
• Directing RF system analysis for testing satellites, their sensors and communications hardware
• Reviewing and dispositioning test data with a keen eye on in-family / out-of-family / out-of-specs / out-of-tolerance results
• Spearheading failure investigation, troubleshooting and resolutions
• Supporting Peer Reviews for Flight Software and modeling Operations
• Supporting Launch and On-Orbit Operations
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Below are some of the benefits you can enjoy at LM Space:
• Competitive Medical & Dental insurance
• 401k with competitive company matching
• Paid time off
• Encouragement of work/life balance
• Flexible work schedule
• Onsite health center / gym (Sunnyvale, CA and Littleton, CO)
• Onsite medical center (Sunnyvale, CA and Littleton, CO)
• Intramural sports activities
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
As a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is required to provide the candidate an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited college
• Active TS/SCI clearance prior to start
• Proven experience working with subcontractor hardware used to communicate with Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) Ground Stations or other TT&C Networks
• Experienced with National Security Agency (NSA) certifications of Cryptographic hardware
• Proven experience with interface specifications including hardware specifications
• Experience with failure root cause analysis, troubleshooting and resolution
• Familiarity with RF test equipment and hands-on experience testing communication or electronics hardware
• Ability to develop and analyze technical requirements, perform trade studies, and allocate functions down to an RF/TT&C subsystem and/or RF/TT&C components
• Demonstrated understanding of satellite communications including various analog & digital modulation schemes
• Demonstrated understanding of RF hardware at S/L-Bands and other military frequency bands
• Experience with the architecture, development, and delivery of RF/TT&C subsystems and/or components
• Experience with RF/TT&C link analysis for terrestrial and/or space-based systems
• Certified Principal Engineer, Responsible Engineer, or equivalent experience with Material Review Board (MRB) or Failure Review Board (FRB) certification or equivalent
• Experienced with National Space Agency (NSA) deliverables including System Key Management Plan (SKMP)
• Proven experience working with Government organizations to deliver GFE
• Experienced with TEMPEST Characterizations
• Experienced working with Cyber Security documents
• Experience with full product life cycle (e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR and TRR, etc.)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, suppliers, management, and peers
• Proven ability to author supplier statements of work and technical sections of customer requests for information (RFIs) or proposals (RFPs), including developing presentations to describe the technical approach in a clear manner
• Knowledgeable experience designing and manufacturing RF/TT&C circuits, taking RF/TT&C test measurements, and/or integrating Cryptographic devices
• Knowledge of end-to-end RF/TT&C link analysis for space-to-ground communication systems, with a deep understanding of associated environments (Thermal, Vibe, Shock, Thermal Vacuum)
• Knowledge of RF Receivers, Transmitters, Frequency Converters, Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs), and Solid-State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), associated distortion parameters and their sensitivities to RF/TT&C subsystem performance
• Familiarity with link budgets and associated concepts: EIRP/RIP/PFD, propagation losses vs weather availability, basic antenna trades, etc.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.