Banfield Pet Hospital Veterinary Assistant in Superior, Colorado
Veterinary Assistant Careers at Banfield Pet Hospital
For those who want to put their love of pets into action, there are few jobs more rewarding than that of Vet Assistant. While working closely with other pet health care professionals at Banfield, you’ll have the chance to advocate for pets and educate clients on all aspects of pet health. In addition, if your goal is to advance in your career, you’ll have access to a variety of learning and development opportunities along the way.
Job Description Summary: The Veterinary Assistant is a key member of the hospital team who supports and assists the veterinarians and veterinary technicians, ensuring the safety of pets, clients and other associates, and the continuity of quality veterinary care.
Preferred Education/Licenses: Certificate of completion from a NAVTA-approved veterinary assistant program or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Preferred Experience: Must be able to perform all required skills of NAVTA-approved veterinary assistant programs at a level that aids in the efficiency of the practice.
Description - External
A Day in the Life of a Banfield Veterinary Assistant
The Vet Assistant provides professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times, making sure that clients and pets are comfortable in the hospital. You will use your technical skills on a daily basis, within state practice acts and as outlined in the NAVTA guidelines for veterinary assistant skills and duties. Other responsibilities include:
· Helping maintain the flow of patients
· Communicating with the veterinarian and vet techs
· Carrying out or setting up procedures that do not require veterinarian or vet tech assistance
· Adhering to hospital standards that keep pets safe, and the treatment areas, exam rooms and labs clean and organized
· Educating clients about our Optimum Wellness Plans® and the importance of preventive care
· Mentoring other members of the hospital team
Commitment Beyond Qualifications
Every associate including the Vet Assistant has an important contribution to make to the veterinary team. We’re looking for Vet Assistants who are dedicated to their work, have a positive attitude and use our Five Principles -- Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – as their guide. In addition, our Vet Assistants are:
· Action Oriented
· Customer Focused
· Good Listeners
· Effective Communicators
Caring for Those Who Care: Benefits for a Banfield Veterinary Assistant
When it comes to benefits, we support your personal wellness and professional development. We offer a wide range of perks and programs that help you take care of yourself and your family—including your pets.
· Pay Range for this role is $13.81-23.35/hour. Specific pay rates are dependent on experience, skill level, and education of the candidate, as well as geographic location. Pay rates for salaried positions may differ based on schedule worked.
· Banfield offers an industry competitive benefits package and continues to invest in and evolve benefits programs that meet the health, wellness and financial needs of our associates. We are excited to announce our new Paid Parental Leave for 2021. Our benefits package also includes:
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Basic Life (company paid) & Supplemental Life
· Short and Long Term Disability (company paid)
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Commuter Benefits*
· Legal Plan*
· Health Savings Account with company funding
· 401(k) with generous company match*
· Paid Time Off & Holidays*
· Student Debt Program (for FT DVMs)
· Continuing Education allowance for eligible positions*
· Free Optimum Wellness Plans for your pets’ preventive and general care*
Benefits eligibility is based on employment status. FT associates are eligible for all benefits programs (Student Debt Program available for FT DVMs only); PT associates are eligible for those benefits highlighted with an asterisk.
Personal Health, Savings, and Wellness Benefits
Every team member needs to be appreciated. All Vet Assistants receive a generous benefits package including 401(k) participation, paid time off and Optimum Wellness Plans for your pets. In addition, medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance is offered to associates based on eligibility.
Potential as Big as Your Passion
Whether you’re a new Vet Assistant, have been working for years or are changing careers, we’ll support your professional growth with:
· Performance development plans designed to help you reach your established careers goals
· Relevant learning opportunities
· Networking events · Ways to offer your skills to your community
A Support Structure That Helps You Thrive
We’ve created a one-of-a-kind leadership structure throughout our practice that includes support from our Corporate headquarters, the field and hospital level. Together we are a team, making a real impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities and the field of veterinary medicine.
Start your Banfield Career as a Veterinary Assistant
Learn more about the impact you can make as part of a Banfield hospital team and see how we support the wellness of our people and profession.
View the full job description or if you’re ready to make your move, apply today!
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location