FirstService Residential Community Manager in The Woodlands, Texas
Provides management, direction, and leadership to ensure the property portfolio is maintained and operated in accordance with Company objectives. Responsibilities include working closely with the Board of Directors and/or the developer to manage and operate the community, facilitate solutions to problems between communities and internal support staff. Strong management skills, customer service skills and time-management skills are required.
- Attends Board meetings and gives Board guidance when appropriate.
- Provides specific assistance to Board in financial management, administration, policies and procedures, property infrastructure, organization, litigation processes, property collections, maintenance and mechanical procedures.
- Reviews quality of services provided to the Association.
- Communicates with BOD regularly by either weekly personal contact or telephone. Thereby, establishing a personal relationship with the Board.
- Attends all manager staff meetings.
- Attends annual budget/election meetings.
- Conducts property visits regularly and provides Management with recommendations and observations to improve the property.
- Participates in Corporate committees as assigned.
- Ensures that the maintenance manual, equipment checklists and books are in place and are current as well as all FirstService Residential approved binders.
- Obtains and maintains all service, maintenance and access control contracts.
- Reviews/assists the obtaining and financing of all required insurance coverage.
- Monitors reserve funds to insure they are being used in accordance with BOD and regulatory requirements.
- Follows the Company's corporate policies including but not limited to, recruiting, payroll processes, accounting, and human resources policies.
- Ensures that all records are kept in good order.
- Provides a five-star customer service at all times by attending to all calls and messages timely, no later than 24 hour hours.
- Facilitates committee meetings and acts as liaison to committee members
- Prepares budget for presentation to BOD
- Acts as intermediary with owner/residents and all other staff to assist in prompt response to questions/problems.
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
Operating Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Education/Training: High School Diploma is required. College Degree preferred. Experience with financial and accounting programs preferred as well as knowledge of Mechanical Operations of a building and Equipment and Construction
Experience/Knowledge/Abilities: 1-3 years of property management experience preferred. Basic knowledge of Texas Statutes and governing documents. A detailed individual with strong ability to multi-task is required. Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, leases, regulations or documents with a similar degree of complexity is required. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to speak in public.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled