Ocean County College Learning Management Systems Specialist in Toms River, New Jersey
Ocean County College
Ocean County College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis
of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, religion,
veteran status, marital status, disability, or any
other protected classification.
Learning Management Systems Specialist
This position primarily provides LMS user and technical support to faculty and student end users and liaisons with the outside vendor to address and resolve all user support and technical issues related to one or more systems. This position is also responsible for the technical administration of the College's learning management system, including but not limited to ongoing user setup, software integration and assistance with system configuration.
List of Essential Activities
1. Serves as the primary e-learning administrator for the College's learning management system(s) by creating user logins, assigning user permissions and providing direct help-desk end user support to faculty, students, and staff
2. Identifies system issues requiring escalation to the outside vendor; serves as a liaison with the outside vendor and internal IT Department contacts to troubleshoot, research and resolve issues related to system functionality; works to resolve time sensitive technical concerns in active and inactive courses.
3. Processes all content management & coordination requests; assists with the software integration of courses; completes all import/export and content copying tasks for effective and timely delivery of courses and services.
4. Performs semester by semester course management tasks; tracks course revisions and history.
5. Generates appropriate e-Learning reports for the college and outside agencies; performs database creation, querying and data mining functions.
6. Stays current with learning management and other related computer technology and integration software.
7. Creates and provides training workshops/sessions on the use and features of the system to faculty, students and staff.
8. Related duties and projects as assigned.
1. Associate's Degree in Business, Information Technology or closely related discipline.
2. Three years' of related technology experience, ideally in higher education of which at least two years involved the administration of a learning management system (such as: Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, Pearson Learning Studio, etc) and basic exposure to HTML and CSS.
3. Ability to work as a team/project leader on time sensitive requests; proven track record of developing and leading workshops, training sessions and/or projects that required the ability to explain complex topics in clear, concise and understandable terms.
4. Excellent communication, client service, relationship building and problem solving skills
5. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) that requires the ability to create documents and prepare standard and new reports.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Educational or Instructional Design Technology.
2. Prior teaching and training experience.
3. Knowledge of SCORM, Respondus, Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline.
4. Prior exposure to basic Instructional Design preparation and content development partnership with Instructors
ADA Selection Definitions
If other, please specify
This position requires some work schedule flexibility to include evenings and weekends during peak periods as deemed necessary to support departmental operational needs.
Mon - Fri
Duration of Employment
$38,745 - $51,660 depending on experience
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- 1. * Please indicate the highest level of education you have completed as of today:
- * High School or GED/Equivalent
- * Vocational/Technical School
- * Associate's Degree
- * Bachelor's Degree
- * Master's Degree
- * Doctorate (PHD/MD/JD)
- 2. * Please indicate the number of years of directly related experience you currently possess:
- * 1 year
- * 2 - 3 years
- * 4 - 5 years
- * 6 -7 years
- * 8 - 10 years
- * 10 plus years
- * Over 10 years
- 3. * Please list computer/technology platforms you have experience in related to this position
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- 1. Resume
- 2. Cover Letter
- 1. Transcripts