The Diez Group Tool & Die Helper in Tonawanda, New York
Tool & Die Helper
Tonawanda, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=175+Ensminger+Raod+Tonawanda+NY+14150)
Delaco Kasle Processing Buffalo, LLC,an affiliated company of The Diez Group, is a tier one manufacturing supplier of steel and aluminum blanked material. The Diez Group is a Hispanic owned minority business that believes in on time delivery of high quality products at a competitive price to its customers. We are a widely recognized, award winning part supplier, serving the automotive industry for over 45 years.To learn more about us, visit our website: http://thediezgroup.com
As theTool & Die Helper, you are responsible for assisting in the building and repairing all dies, tooling, and fixtures to support production, working with team members to ensure that all tasks are performed in a safe and efficient manner.
· Understand and follow safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance in all areas of safety.
· Comprehend all related work instructions, equipment manuals and SOP manuals in order to perform required tasks.
· Maintain a clean, organized and safe work space and report any unsafe working conditions, faulty operations or defective material to the Operations Manager.
· Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
· File, grind and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
· Fit and assemble parts to make, repair or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
· Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity and defects.
· Set up and operate conventional machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, grind, sharpen and otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
· Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers and dial indicators.
Qualifications and Skills
· Strong mechanical, electrical, and troubleshooting skills.
· Ability to read blueprints and technical documentation.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and basic knowledge of arithmetic.
· Self-motivated, self-directed and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Capable of handling multiple activities at the same time.
· Ability to repeatedly lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
· Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate effectively.
· Flexible with working overtime as needed.
· Must adhere to all company policies, including attendance.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Technical Degree preferred.
· 2-5 years of experience in tool and die making.
· Journeyman’s card preferred.
· Previous crane and/or forklift operating experience is a plus.
· Paid Time Off / Holiday Pay
· Employee Referral Program
· Attendance Bonus Program
· Company Uniforms
· Steel Toed Shoes and Prescription Glasses Vouchers
· Weekly / Direct Deposit Paychecks
· Medical Insurance
· Dental and Vision Insurance
· Health Savings Account
· Short Term Disability
· Life Insurance
· 401(K) + Match
· Family Medical Leave
· Educational Assistance Program
· Employee Assistance Program
· Bereavement Leave
· Workers Compensation
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a heavy industrial steel processing and distribution plant. When on the plant floor the required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) must be appropriately worn.
While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, ascending/descending stairs, and climbing for long periods of time, as well as, frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. In addition to the previously mentioned physical demands, hearing is also an important part of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Extended hours, nights and weekend work may be necessary based on business needs.
This position requires no travel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Starting at $21.15/hr