Scotiabank Executive Assistant in Toronto , Ontario
Requisition ID: 92304
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As the Executive Assistant, you will play a critical role by providing senior administrative support to 3 Vice Presidents, Global Business Payments.
You will be responsible for independent prioritization of the workload to ensure the identified objectives and deadlines are met and ensure internal and external clients are handled in a courteous and friendly manner, reflecting Bank’s culture.
You will contribute to the overall success of the Global Business Payments by ensuring all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
What will you do?
Support the Vice Presidents in day to day management of schedule and correspondence by:
• Establishing and coordinating calendars
• Arranging/scheduling appointments
• Anticipating scheduling conflicts/problems and providing alternatives
• Providing reception support by screening/referring incoming calls/visitors
• Acting on telephone/mail requests received in the VP's absence
• Dealing with correspondence as appropriate (responding, delivering, filtering based on knowledge of work)
• Support related to various MS Office applications used for business purpose
• Take initiative and follow through on support requests in a timely manner
Organize meetings/conferences by:
• Assessing and seeking out the most appropriate venue for meetings/gatherings based on size/type and attendees
• Arranging bookings for boardrooms/conference rooms (internal)
• Arranging for equipment and materials for meetings as appropriate
• Meeting with outside providers of service (conference centres / hotels / caterers)
• Overseeing arrangements, ensuring smooth execution and assessing outcomes for future reference
• Preparing invitations for sign off by the VPs
• Tracking responses of meeting attendees, following up as appropriate
• Booking travel arrangements, ensuring all requirements are met
Provide administrative and project-related support by:
• Verifying telephone bills/expense statements/preparing and submitting reports
• Taking leadership meeting notes and track the completion of action items from meetings
• Onboarding new hires administratively, e.g. with computer, badge/building access, phone etc.
Assist in maintaining the VP’s / department’s expenses and other budgets by:
• Preparing entries/transactions and supporting documentation to process payments
• Recording /inputting/documenting data to track, monitor and control expenses
• Providing supporting information reports to management to support decisions
Understand the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture that should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
• You are a seasoned administrative professional, with deep (5+ years) experience supporting Senior Executives
• You are highly intuitive, you can proactively anticipate scheduling needs/conflicts, and are able to make decisions quickly
• You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment, managing multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
• You can work well independently with minimal support while ensuring deadlines are met
• You have exceptional organizational and verbal/written communication skills
• You can maintain confidentiality and a high personal standard
• You have advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• You are available by email or phone in the evening and on weekends to provide support
• If you have experience in the banking/financial institution industry, this is an asset but not required
What's in it for you?
• You will work in the Payments space which is dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-paced and always changing
• You get global exposure and work with the entire enterprise
• We have a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
• Career opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
• A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here at https://www.scotiabank.com/careers/en/careers/technical-support-for-applicants.html . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.