Northwell Health MSW Social Worker (FR) in Valley Stream, New York
Req Number 91825
Provides case and group work services to patients and/or their families during patient's Hospital stay. Ensures continuity of medical care by referral to appropriate follow-up services.
- Provides direct service to patients and their families using a variety of social work modalities in order to help clients maximize their functioning.Travel to patient homes, community resources, community meetings may be required.
- Advocates on behalf of the client to ensure maximum access to health care.
- Maintains appropriate professional patient care documentation as defined by hospital policies and procedures.
- Functions in a consultative and educative capacity with all pertinent individuals or agencies that impact on patients.
- Prepares materials for supervisory conferences.
- May direct the activities of paraprofessional staff, social work interns and volunteers.
- May participate in appropriate research, staff development programs and community liaison activities.
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Master's Degree in Social Work, required.
LMSW required within one (1) year of employment, required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $34.77-$46.30/hour
It is Northwell Health’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all applicants and employees equally regardless of their age, race, creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital or familial status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.