Kiewit Corporation Purchasing Agent II - Kiewit Supply Network in Vancouver, British Columbia
Requisition ID: 125555
Job Level: Mid Level
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
Would you like to purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost for Kiewit Supply Network? What about Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives? Individuals with experience in an engineering and/or construction related role as well as basic procurement experience is desired, but not required. We’re looking for a team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives. Someone that is detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time.
Kiewit Supply Network group specializes in providing comprehensive procurement services to clients across the construction and engineering industries in multiple markets, including transportation; water/wastewater; power; oil, gas and chemical; building; and mining. Our key objectives are to offer clients a world-class service focused on ensuring equipment, materials and services are consistently estimated and procured at the right price. We strive to offer an appropriate level of quality and ensure materials and services are delivered on schedule and in compliance with the client’s specifications and expectations.
This position is based out of our office in Vancouver, BC. This is a shared service environment in a professional office setting.
• Purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost in correct amounts per specifications and drawings
• Confer with staff, users and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or service and determine corrective action
• Leverage vendors/subcontractors across multiple procurements to create cost savings to projects
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities and the supplier’s reputation and history
• Monitor shipments to ensure goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods
• Prepare/issue Request for Proposals (RFP’s) and evaluate vendor/subcontractor proposals to identify vendors/subcontractors who meet project constraints of budget and schedule at the estimating, execution and site purchasing levels
• Ability to travel and relocate as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, construction management or related
• At least 1-3 years’ experience in an engineering and/or construction related role required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel)
• General knowledge of database utilization
• SAP Experience a plus
• Thorough understanding of all areas of procurement is desirable, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality and site purchasing
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.