Caterpillar, Inc. Materials Planning Analyst 1 in China
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
• Incumbent ensures the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans.
• Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborates with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production. Actively collaborates with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues.
• This work may require planning for alternate manufacturing methods. This position analyzes established parts schedules and production requirements, converting requirements into appropriate piece parts, requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels and issuing work orders.
• Analyzes engineering releases for changes and/or new releases and coordinates effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items. Incumbent manages and performs supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components.
• This position supports supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics. Incumbent performs work to improve point of use material availability, applying root cause analysis and corrective actions.
• Provides Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning. Minimal Travel Required
• Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
• CPS Functional Job Role Qualified
• APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification highly desired
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• College or university degree related to Supply Chain, or equivalent experience, is required. Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
• Understanding of company policies and procedures
• General product knowledge
• General knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
• Ability to use and troubleshoot the MRP, Lognet and MTS systems
• Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics desired
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.