IHG IT Supervisor- Crowne Plaza West Cairo Arkan in Egypt
Crowne Plaza is a global chain of full service, upscale hotels headquartered in the United Kingdom. It caters to business travelers and the meetings and conventions market. It is part of the (IHG) InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands, which include InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Voco, Staybrige Suites, Kimpton Hotels and Regent. As one of the world's largest upscale brands, we have properties located in major urban centers, gateway cities and resort destinations all around the globe and can be found in nearly 100 countries with more than 429 hotels and 118,000 rooms globally. Since opening in 2012 Arkan Plaza has evolved into West Cairo’s primary commercial and social destination, offering a multitude of retail and dining outlets along with gyms, banks and offices. All radiating from its welcoming central plaza, situated in the heart of Sheikh Zayed located on the 26th of July corridor main spine, which connects the cities of Sheikh Zayed and 6th of October with the central Cairo area. Crowne Plaza West Cairo - Arkan is scheduled to open in 2021, the 178-room new build will form part of Phase II of Arkan Plaza. The Hotel is 10 minutes away from the “new” Grand Egyptian Museum and 15 minutes from the Great Pyramids of Giza. It is also in close proximity to Cairo International Airport and will be just 10 kilometers away from Sphinx International Airport. Business and leisure travelers can get the best of both worlds with three meeting rooms and a business center along with an outdoor pool and Club Lounge .
We are currently looking for an IT Supervisor to join our amazing pre-opening team.
Day to day
•Manage and monitor all computer hardware and make sure systems are installed properly and working efficiently.
• Keep up to date with all approved systems and technology including:
Computer Hardware systems and devices including PC LAN technology.
Software operating and utility systems.
Front Office and Accounts Receivable Property Management Systems.
• Interfaces to and from Front Office Property Management Systems and other Systems.
• Assist and Support Electronic Door Locking Computer System.
• Maintain an up-to-date list of all computer hardware and software at hotel.
• Monitor the performance of the systems and maintain log book of performance.
• Understand all standards and customized features and functions of the Hotel front office system.
• Ensure that all computer media back-ups are completed, documented and stored per specifications.
• Maintain uncompromising data and physical security standards.
• Administer all user ID’s, passwords, and the most sensitive system utilities, secures all touchy resources and critical libraries under the supervision of the IT Manager/Leader.
• Notify department heads on current computer related issues, new releases, MIS trends, viruses etc.
• Train employees to enable them to take responsibility during the absence of IT colleagues.
• Install and test corporate approved program changes to the hotel computer system(s).
• Ensure all hotel routine maintenance for IT equipment comply with policies and standard.
• Conduct and coordinate annual PCI and credit card/data security training for hotel employees based on information security standards.
• Investigate and report software problems to the vendor, or to the Support Centre.
• Coordinate purchase of program applications or enhancements to meet specific hotel needs only if these applications are not covered by existing standards.
• Ensure viable solutions are adapted and used for hotel disaster recovery plan and business continuity.
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure all IT related items meets the various Audit requirements.
• Run routine software/hardware inventory check and report the status to hotel management team.
• Inspects the Network performance and redo the network design if necessary to meet the hotel operation needs.
• Ensure all cabling, network diagrams and LSOP are up-to-date.
• Ensure hotel management get an accurate fixed asset budget and departmental. operating budget that reflects requirements from the expected IT and endorsed by the hotel management team.
• Assist department head in the preparation and management of department’s budget which includes:
- Evaluate the vendor proposals and select the best options and vendors that meets the software/hardware needs of the hotels.
-Assists in coordinating the preparation of the departmental annual budget.
- Assists in monitoring and controlling departmental cost on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget.
· Diploma or Vocational Certificate in Computer Science or IT or related field.
· 4 years of related experience or with computer set-up and troubleshooting.
· Working knowledge of networks and operating systems and databases
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Knowledge in PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards).
· Great communication skills.
· A team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking and able to work under pressure .
In return we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online" We are an equal opportunity employer.