Melwood DEVELOPMENT COACH (On-Call) in United States
THIS IS A ON CALL POSITION WORKING varied HOURS PER WEEK within a 8am-4pm schedule in Waldorf, MD PAYING $12.50 PER HOUR.
DEVELOPMENT COACH /COMMUNITY SERVICES DIVISION
Melwood’s Vision: A world where people with differing abilities are fully included Melwood’s Mission: Melwood Advocates for and empowers individuals of differing abilities to transform their own lives through unique opportunities to work and play in the community.
The Development Coach supports assigned group of individuals in Crossroads to promote independence and personal growth. The Development Coach will work cooperatively with other staff to ensure that there is an integration of recreation, life skills development, community integration and horticulture in each individual's experience.
*1. Work with assigned individuals to implement their Individual Plan within the Day Habilitation program integrating them into all parts of the Crossroads program.
- Inform management staff and other interdisciplinary team members on behavioral and programmatic issues that occur.
- Provide services as outlined in Individual Plans - ensuring goals are developed, implemented, and progress benchmarks are being met.*
- Demonstrate positive behavioral management techniques and communicates with individuals in a person-centered, age appropriate manner.
- Complete progress notes, daily logs, timesheets, individual planning activities and other documentation thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Facilitate individual's self-esteem through positive interactions and building a relationship of trust.
- Develop activities that promote community, self-help employment and independent living. While adhering to the individual's plan and your group's programming schedule.
- Attend and actively participate in required training, stakeholder team meetings and supervision meetings.* 9. Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED None.
The incumbent is supervised by the Assistant Director, Day Services.
Flexible schedule will be required due to varying hours. Must be able to stand/walk 50% of work time, sit and/or drive 50%. Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull 40 pounds. Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach. All of these requirements are necessary in order to supervise and assist individuals with disabilities.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent required. Three (3) years’ experience working with people with differing abilities or other behavioral issues required and one (1) year demonstrated ability in providing support in a respectful manner that meets the various needs of individuals served. Certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First required. Other certifications and training are required after hire. BA/BS in special education, therapeutic recreation, psychology or related field preferred. This position may require use of your personal vehicle to transport persons-served. All Melwood transportation policies must be followed and liability insurance on your personal vehicle must be in full force and effect while transporting for or on the behalf of Melwood. Melwood will reimburse for mileage pursuant to the Travel policy. Must be able to pass DOT Physical.
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- High School or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)