Jabil RF Design Engineer in United States
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Under the guidance of management, develops new RF hardware design of a basic to moderate complexity. Gathers design
requirements and recommends steps to implement basic to moderate reference design implementation or design modifications of
existing product. Perform and analyze basic to moderate circuit design, referring more complex issues to management or more
senior team members. Develop subsystem architecture at the direction of a Sr. Engineer or above.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Gathers information relating to RF hardware solutions and recommends basic improvements to designs that improve
components or design quality/reliability.
· Develop with supervision RF hardware design and PCB layout designs utilizing standard tools
· Evaluates with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and architecture.
· Evaluates/selects electronic components
· Analyzes RF subsystem Circuits with moderate complexity and can improve or update the design.
· Under the guidance of more senior team members, assembles prototypes, design first powerup, design debug and functional
· Works with and manages external component suppliers/manufacturers
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to travel globally 25%
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Hardware Design Manager, RF Design
Principal Engineer or RF Design Senior Principal Engineer.
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Working knowledge of Wireless Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
· Developed multiple projects on one or more aspects in RF hardware design, including but not limited to Transceiver design,
LNA design, Power Amplifier design, Antenna design, Filter design and Microwave related circuit design.
· Knowledge of key development tools and design standards: Component derating, DFMEA, RF testing equipment,
oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Influence others and share best practices.
· Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
· Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
· Work as part of a global team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor degree or above of Electrical Engineering, Microwave, Wireless Communication or equivalent. 3+ years experience
in RF hardware design or other key competency
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.