Caliber Home Loans Senior Software Engineer in United States
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is one of the nation's fastest-growing mortgage lenders. We didn't move into the fast lane because of clever marketing campaigns or flashy television ads -- our talented employees worked hard to help us rise to the top of our industry.
Here at Caliber, we've replaced the stereotypical corporate culture with a casual "dress for your day"work atmosphere that promotes creativity and a collaborative environment that allows our team members to thrive.
The Senior Software Engineer will develop and enhance components and applications using functional and detail design requirements documentation, programming languages, and change management and quality assurance processes to the benefit of the enterprise, and during which it is necessary to collaborate with others to produce the appropriate documentation, estimates, and other artifacts to complete work on time, within budget, and within scope. Mentors others.
- Conceptualize, design, program, test, implement and deploy software applications using the appropriate documentation, processes, and quality standards.
- Provide business and project expertise when collaborating with clients, IT resources, vendors, consultants and other stakeholders to identify the user requirements, assess technologies, recommend and implement technical solutions.
- Ensure accuracy of coding, create technical documentation; utilize software configuration, version and quality management processes.
- Work with project participants to maximize productivity, effectiveness and timely completion.
- Provide training and guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Work closely with clients to identify strategic and tactical requirements as well as solutions.
- Work independently with minimal direct supervision; exercise independent judgment to obtain results.
- Consult with senior level management; may serve as a project technology lead or as a functional specialist.
- Work significant and/or unique issues where analysis of data requires the evaluation of intangibles.
- Share information willingly when appropriate; recognize confidential information and handle with discretion.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of five years in a structured environment working on systems, applications, programming, development, testing, implementation and deployment required.
- Understand a broad range of technologies and able to think in terms "enterprise wide" solutions.
- Software development lifecycle using structured processes.
- Authority in at least one and Experienced in at least one additional of the following application and/or data management frameworks: .NET, C#, VB.NET, VB, SQL, Extract/Translate/Load (ETL), XML, HTML, DHTML, VBScript, ASP.
- Experienced with two or more of the following applications: SQLServer, Oracle 9i, MS Access, Progress, Exchange, Business Objects; SharePoint.
- Competent with tool use to manage the following functions: code management, project management, testing, version control, system development lifecycle control, and prototyping.
- Mortgage Servicing industry experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Expert skills in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to utilize the following functions: V-Lookup, H-Lookup, Concatenating formulas, Conditional formatting, and Pivot Tables is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or related field a plus.
Our employees demonstrate the Caliber Ways of Work (WOWS) every day through:
- Collaborating Contagiously
- Caring Fiercely
- Doing the Right Thing
- Leading Thoughtfully
Caliber benefits and perks will WOW you!
Our benefits package includes: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k),10 employer paid holidays, as well as numerous employee discount programs.
We are proud to be a military friendly employer, and provide paid leave during military assignments for employees who serve in the Guard or Reserve.
Employees who work at our Coppell headquarters experience additional perks that include: standing desks, complimentary coffee and tea stations, an on-site gym and activities center with ping-pong and pool tables, and an in-house café.
Caliber is an equal opportunity employer.