Siemens Material Handler - 1st Shift - Wendell, NC in Wendell, North Carolina
Job Family: SCM-Procurement / Supply Chain Logistics
Req ID: 315507
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking Material Handler for our Distribution System (DS) Business Unit, focused on the Distribution Systems Product portfolio. Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the DS Business Unit has a diverse portfolio of products including but not limited to electric-vehicle chargers, low voltage MCC, CMR fuse saver, MV switchgear, MV circuit breakers, and metering, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relay maintenance and systems of a standard nature.
As a Material Handler you will perform the necessary movement of materials: receiving, storage, picking, delivery and inventory of all items including transport of materials to production areas. You may be required to document and record receipt and delivery of all materials and products using SAP. This position also performs the required equipment inspections to ensure safe operation.
• Safely operates a stand-up reach truck, stand-up order picker, and sit-down forklift in high traffic areas and narrow aisles
• Inspects moving equipment daily
• Unloads and receives production materials physically and records in the SAP system
• Counts and verifies counts for incoming material within the storeroom
• Pick materials for inside and outside customers using RF Scanners with count accuracy
• Performs cycle counts daily of materials in the storeroom
• Packs and ships materials efficiently and damage free for shipment to our customers
• Utilizes small hand tools
• Adhere to developed processes, methods and/or seek ways to improve
• Must adhere to all safety rules and keep safety first for self and others
• Perform miscellaneous other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Management
Requirements: knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to lift parts or sub-assemblies that weigh up to 50 lbs. occasionally
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Must be a strong team player
• Must have the ability to work independently with little guidance
• Must be able to perform job duties safely with a sense of urgency
• Must have great attention to detail while working to a deadline
• Must have a positive attitude, work well with others, and implement constructive criticism
Preferred: knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
• 1 + years’ experience in material management (warehousing)
• 1+ years’ experience driving a forklift
• Experience with SAP system
• Proficient with MS Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Associates Degree or technical training in area of responsibility
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here (https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html) .