KeyBank Teller (20 Hours) - West Hartford in West Hartford, Connecticut
55 South Main Street - West Hartford, Connecticut 06107
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
At Key, we have the opportunity to bring ease value and expertise to our clients by helping them have confidence and the peace of mind to dream big.
As a Teller, you will report to the Branch Manager or to the Operations Leader (Teller Float) and are the initial contact for clients. The Teller is a critical position within the branch and an important member of the branch team. The Teller provides excellent client service by welcoming new and existing clients of the Bank and assisting them with account transactions and servicing needs. In addition, he/she acts as a resource in identifying and resolving client servicing issues. Tellers, through their conversations with the clients, listen to uncover financial needs and transitions clients to a banker to further assist.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The role of the Teller is to be welcoming, build rapport and provide outstanding service to the Bank clients while performing account transactions, all of which align to the Branch Playbook. Tellers and all Branch team members are expected to act professionally at all times, conduct business ethically avoid conflicts of interest and act in the best interest our clients and Key.
Duties assigned include:
Primary Teller Functions
• Accept and accurately process all financial service transactions
• Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and follow proper balancing procedures
• Act as a resource to identify and resolve client servicing issues
• Listen for clues for Financial Wellness opportunities during client conversations, and then appropriately transition the client(s) to a Banker
Build Client Rapport
• Provide excellent client service to all KeyBank clients
• Where problem resolution is required, take thorough information from the client and get back to them in a timely manner
• Ensure a confident tone that reassures the client we will follow up with resolution
• Greet and welcome every client as they enter the branch; acknowledge by name, if known
• Assist clients in achieving their financial goals and objectives through the use of Financial Wellness tools
• Participate in client appreciation events
• Address client issues or concerns; engage branch management when needed to provide full solutions for clients
• Help create and establish a business relationship between the Banker and the client
• Coordinate time between Banker and client for business meetings as necessary
• Engage the Lead Teller and or Banker when faced with complex client account issues
• Answer the phone within the Branch professionally, promptly, and pleasantly
• Participate in post/debrief meetings with the branch team involving clients from the day to better understand specific client needs
• Ensure compliance with security and audit procedures
• Adhere to all applicable policies and procedures
• Participate in morning huddles and end of day debriefs
• Understand goals and objectives for the branch
• Review and maintain knowledge of product guides, fees and policies to stay current on offerings
• Provide answers and assistance for client questions/concerns, utilizing resources within the branch
Key's application process for Teller position(s) require that you complete our Skill Match Survey. The Skill Match Survey can be taken via computer or mobile device and will take 20-30 minutes to complete. After completing the application, you will be prompted to take the Skill Match Survey.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent business experience
• 6 months experience in a client service facing role
• Prefer cash handling experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• General understanding of PC with Windows based applications and calculator
• Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings
• Physical Requirements: Prolonged Standing (5-8 hours per day), frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, ability to communicate face to face and on the phone with clients, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent forward reach, frequent lifting of 1 – 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing HR_Compliance@keybank.com .
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyCorp (Key) is one of the nation’s largest financial services companies. Key provides investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance and investment banking products to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally.
At Key we’ve made a promise to our clients that they will always have a champion in us. To deliver on that promise, we’re committed to building a team of engaged employees who do the right thing for our clients and help them achieve their financial goals each and every day.