TEKsystems Business Systems Analyst in Worcester, Massachusetts
5+ years BSA/BA experience
Commercial Insurance experience
Data or QA experience
We are looking for an advanced level business system analyst with the desire to join a dynamic team developing systems that support business outcomes for our Commercial Lines business units. The position offers the opportunity to partner with business and technology partners. If you love working in a collaborative, innovative and learning environment, then we want to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity for an analyst looking for a new creative challenge.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) serves as a primary contact for any questions related to how the system works from both a business and technical perspective. The BSA works with Information Technology Business Analysts (IT BA) and business partners to translate business requirements into technical requirements. As a member or leader of a team, you are expected to use your working understanding of information systems, business operations, and processes to analyze, develop and document technical requirements. You may develop expertise in specializations and establish a deeper knowledge and expertise across the technical landscape. You are detail oriented, a problem solver, have excellent communication and collaboration skills – and can utilize those skills effectively to partner and collaborate to develop requirements.
With your blend of business knowledge, technical capabilities and business analysis skills, you will successfully partner with business units and IT to successfully integrate business process, business rules and business data with technology to meet business requirements.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
• Develop business and technical requirements
• Collaborate with business partners to understand business requirements and establish solutions.
• Partner with IT BAs, technical teams, and external vendors to develop technical requirements in alignment with the system goals/capabilities across multiple platforms.
• Understand external industry trends and competitors
• Support the design, testing, and implementation of technical requirements
• Set the rules and guidelines by which data is captured, stored, structured, shared or manipulated
• Work independently, actively mentor other team members and lead technical working groups
• Apply operational level thinking when developing business solutions
• Ability to develop knowledge and apply specialized skills such as: Business Process Analyst, Data Analyst, Business Rules Analyst, and Functional Analyst
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
• 5+ Years of relevant work experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as information technology or computer science
• Advanced Data Acumen – Proficient with multiple types of data management activities, tools and understanding database types.
• Data Standards Knowledge - Ability to apply Data Governance standards relevant to specific business functions
• Strong relationship skills – Ability to effectively collaborate with business & IT partners and to foster strong relationships with them to aid successful project delivery
• Strong Business Acumen - Knowledge of P&C products preferred ideally with Core Commercial experience and an ability to continuously learn and engage with business partners regarding scope and business value
• Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that deliver complete and accurate requirements
Commercial Insurance, Data
Top Skills Details:
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.